After applications are made, over time, new features are added to them, or already existing features are improved, as per the needs of the customer or what the developer thinks of adding. These features are induced in the previous version through different technical mechanisms.
After successful incorporation, the developers put these out on the market, eventually, the old version gets expired and the users need to update to the latest version of the application in order to make such application run smoothly. The same happens in the case of WhatsApp.
Often the users are required to update the application within time. But what happens if the application expires? How will one be able to update that? This problem is never faced by the GBWhatsApp users as it works well in old versions as well. But you need to update the official one if it gets expired.
How To Update Expired WhatsApp Easily
You might have noticed that suddenly one day when you open the WhatsApp application, it is showing you that this WhatsApp is out of date or expired. Now, what will you do? Let’s see the following steps.
- If you are an Android user, then first go to the Google Play Store and open it. After that on the search bar of the Google play store search for the original WhatsApp application. On finding it, tap on update. After that wait for the application to be installed in an updated version.
You can now use the updated version of the app on your smartphone and send messages just like before.
- If you are an iPhone user, then first go to the Apple app store and open it. After that on the search bar of the Apple App store search for the WhatsApp messenger application. On finding it tap on update. Now, wait for the application to be installed on your device in an updated version.
Once the application is updated and installed you will get a notification that your application is installed safely on your device. Finally, open the WhatsApp messenger application and you will be ready to use it.
- If you are a KaiOS user, then go to the jio Store or Store which is available on the apps menu, and open it. After that scroll to the side and select social, then select WhatsApp application. Now click on ok or select and finally click on update. Wait for your application to be installed on your device.
- If your phone battery is removable, this hack is for you. You can remove the battery, wait for a minute and insert it back into your device. Now try to update the expired app, it might work for you.
- You must check if WhatsApp is disabled. To check Go To Settings > Apps > App info. Click on WhatsApp and see if it is not disabled.
- If you have put WhatsApp in hidden apps, it will not get updated. Unhide it and then try to update the version.
- You can reset the Home Screen Launcher. Use Nova launcher or any other one to do this.
Using an outdated version of the application will only hinder your experience of trying new features available on the application. From time to time, check whether you need an update or not. One can also turn on auto-update in case they want to get rid of manual updating.