Undoubtedly, we use WhatsApp for text messaging. How many additional features of voice messages, calls, or video calls are added to WhatsApp, most of us love texting even today. We have all heard about the auto-correct feature. It is a kind of feature which automatically replaces your errors and puts the right one.
Though this feature is useful most of the time, it becomes more of a burden at times. It is so because these features are mostly AI-based and they predict huge correct things but there are limitations and thus sometimes it fails or gives the wrong prediction of words, etc. Many of us therefore might think of turning it off, let us see how we can do it.
Steps to Turn off Auto-Correct in WhatsApp
The steps of turning off the autocorrect feature in your WhatsApp application for Android are discussed below: You may follow the same steps in GBWhatsApp as well if you have installed GBWhatsApp on your device.
- Firstly open your Android mobile phone.
- Then go to the settings option on your device.
- Click on the Settings option.
- After the setting step is open on your device scroll down to the system and in some Android mobile applications scroll down to additional settings.
- Click on the concerned option according to your device.
- Now look for the option of language and input. Before coming to the step one should keep in mind that your main motive is to search for the option of language and input, for some mobile applications the two options which have been stated above, might not match so explore your setting option in your device and look for the option of language and input.
- Now click on language and input. Now you will be redirected to the screen where you will see all the keyboards which have been installed on your device and you will also find the keyboard which you are particularly using.
- Click on that particular Keyboard that you are using for your WhatsApp application.
- Now scroll down to text correction and click on it.
- A page will open where I will find the auto-correction option. On finding it switch that option off.
It has been observed that the failure of auto-correct feature is increasing rapidly and most people are not using it. With more advanced updates, instead of becoming better, it is turning worse. The user experience is terrible nowadays with this feature.