Privacy is one of the essential factors that is required by every human being. Even the Constitution of India gives us the Right to Privacy. It goes without saying that how most social media apps’ main concern is to provide us with safety and security. WhatsApp is one such app that is assumed to be more or less secured and private. Especially the one useful feature of WhatsApp gives enhanced security. However, we all have certain chats on WhatsApp which requires special security. We think of hiding or unhiding such chats or keeping them under a special lock so that they do not come under the notice of anyone who uses our phones.
Our phones though give us the option of app locking yet at times it is not too secure. But you can use some safe applications like Chat Lock for WhatsApp Chat, GBWhatsApp, etc for this purpose. Through this article, we will try to see how we can secure certain private chats on WhatsApp by locking or unlocking them.
The lock and Unlock Feature of the WhatsApp application itself does not provide any feature like locking and unlocking a particular chat. If a person is using WhatsApp and wants to secure or hide a particular chat for any privacy reasons then they have to archive it. It is the only option available in the application. It is also suggested that in such cases where a user uses WhatsApp and wants to hide a particular chat they have to separately lock the WhatsApp application through their Android or iOS app password feature.
How to Lock and Unlock WhatsApp Chat?
As already stated above, the WhatsApp application itself does not provide any locking or unlocking feature to secure a particular chat, therefore the question which arises now is what should those individuals do if they want to lock or unlock a particular WhatsApp chat.
By Using Non- Third-Party Apps:
- An application named Locker for WhatsApp chat– secure private chat is a useful application in order to lock and secure chats on WhatsApp. In this application, one can lock the chats by using PINs. One of the advantages of using this app is completely free and very easy to use.
- Messenger and chat lock is another useful application that can help you to keep your WhatsApp chat safe by using a pin. It will also help you to log the WhatsApp application in total protection from any data breach. In this application, one can customize their chats by auto-lock. The passwords used in this application can be also photographs, patterns, or videos from the device.
By using third-party apps:
- You can also use GB Whatsapp which is loaded with various customization and privacy features that include adding contacts on WhatsApp, Contact Online Toast, etc. In addition to this, you can lock and unlock someone’s chat. For this, you just need to go to GB WhatsApp Settings and find out the Lock Option. After that, you can set a 4 digit password to a particular chat and your contact will be locked. Now you will have to enter the password every time you open that particular chat.
- Another way is to use WhatsApp Plus for this purpose. Follow the below-mentioned steps for using the lock and unlock feature of this application.
- Install a WhatsApp plus application from Chrome or any other browser.
- Finish installation on the device.
- Open an account on WhatsApp Plus in a similar manner to a normal WhatsApp application.
- Back up the chats if necessary or otherwise move on.
- Select the chat which you want to lock.
- After selecting click on the three dots at the top right corner of the WhatsApp plus screen.
- From the drop-down menu select lock chat.
- Lock the chat with a PIN or a password.
In case you want to unlock the chat then select the chat which you want to unlock, click on the three dots at the top right-hand corner of the WhatsApp plus screen, and from the drop-down menu select unlock chat.
Privacy is an essential part of everyone’s life. Just like in real life, in today’s time, it is required in the virtual world too. Therefore, from the above processes, one can definitely lock and secure their WhatsApp chats.