WhatsApp is trusted and used by a lot of people each day. We share videos, stickers, messages, and whatnot. But WhatsApp can also be unreliable from time to time.
One of those issues is the camera permission denied issue. This is very annoying and a hassle when it happens.
This permission issue is not faced in the unofficial version of WhatsApp like GBWhatsApp. You can download and install GBWhatsApp and enjoy its other features like downloading view once the images, viewing the status without letting them know, changing voice on WhatsApp calls, etc.
- Ways to Fix WhatsApp Camera Permission Denied Issues:
- Frequently Asked Questions
Ways to Fix WhatsApp Camera Permission Denied Issues:
This issue is sometimes seen in various phones, and MI Devices seem to be the most vulnerable. Although the cause is unclear something might be wrong with the permission manager of the Device or some other hidden reasons we are unfamiliar with. The methods to fix this are as follows-
1. Try Restarting Your Device
You don’t know how many issues of your phone can be fixed just from a little restart. Your phones do need a little bit of sleep, restarting them solves many issues within your phone. Just press and hold the power button and you will see an option to restart your phone. Now restart your phone and see if the issue is gone.
2. Roam Around in the Permission Settings
If the first method is unsuccessful, you can try to change the permissions in the settings and see if that works. Follow these steps to change the permissions.
- Open your System settings. This can be typically found in the top corners of your notification shade, otherwise, you will see an icon for it.
- Go to App Management or Apps or the appropriate menu depending on your device.
- As the next step enter Permissions.
- Search for Camera Permissions.
- Search for WhatsApp and Deny the permissions then enable it again.
3. Update WhatsApp
Sometimes the issue can also be an un-updated version of WhatsApp. Fixing this is very simple. Just follow these steps-
- Open PlayStore
- Search for WhatsApp
- You will see the WhatsApp App
- If it shows an option to Update, click on update.
- Now WhatsApp will be updated.
Updating can solve a wide range of problems on WhatsApp. So, give this a try as well before you rage out.
4. Clear Cache
Another great way to say bye-bye to a lot of problems is by clearing the Cache of the app. Use the following steps to do this-
- Click on WhatsApp
- Click on Storage Usage
- Click on Clear Cache.
- Now Start the app, and the issue should be solved.
5. Reinstall WhatsApp
Although it is hard to know why reinstalling an application solves a lot of bugs sometimes. To uninstall and reinstall WhatsApp, just follow these steps-
Backup WhatsApp Data
- Open WhatsApp
- In the top right corner, click on ፧
- Click on Settings
- Go to Chats
- Scroll Down and go to Chat Backup
- Click on Backup
- Wait until the process finishes
- Open Playstore
- Search for WhatsApp (First, Make sure you are in the Apps section, it is visible in the bottom bar)
- You will see Uninstall next to WhatsApp.
- Uninstall WhatsApp. (If this shows you Update, just update WhatsApp no need to uninstall)
- After a few moments, you will see install now install it, and set it up again.
6. Reset WhatsApp
If you don’t want to delete WhatsApp, you can reset it. Follow these steps to Reset WhatsApp-
- Go to Settings
- Click and open App Management ( or similar option)
- Enter App list
- Click on WhatsApp after finding it
- Press on Storage Usage
- Press on Clear Data
This method will erase all your data; if you want to keep your Data do a Google Drive Backup.
These were a few methods to get you out of your misery when the ‘Camera Permission Denied’ curse arrives again. You may find the reason and get your issue resolved quickly. These tricks will work for all devices be it Samsung or Realme or any other.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can’t I get rid of this permanently?
It is very hard to say, if this has happened a couple of times this is unlikely to go. Even if you hard reset it this might not go, and hard resetting is a very involved process.
How to allow Camera Permission for WhatsApp?
Go to phone Settings > Applications > WhatsApp > Enable Permission.