Countless users use WhatsApp every day. May it be for work or personal use. WhatsApp is used for Chats, sending photos, and sometimes stickers. Video Calls & Voice calls are also an excellent use for WhatsApp. But from time to time, you wonder if were a way to Disable them. Hold on to your seats cause now you can.
How to Disable Voice & Video Calls on WhatsApp?
We don’t have a straightforward and be-all and end-all solution to this problem, but here are a few methods you can follow-
1. Using the Stock WhatsApp Application
If your concern is to refrain from sending unwanted accidental Calls to people, you can just use the stock WhatsApp app. Here are the steps to follow-
- Open your System Settings
- Go to App Management or equivalent, depending on your device.
- Select and enter Permissions
- Search for Camera/Microphone Permissions
- Search for Whatsapp and disable it.
- You will be asked for permissions from now on if you accidentally press the video call/voice calling button.
There are a lot of apps that provide you with options like disabling calls.
2. Mute the Calls:
WhatsApp provides the feature to mute the calls on the application. To do this, follow the following steps:
- Go to Settings in the WhatsApp application.
- Now click on 3 dots and go to Notifications
- And then tap on “None”.
- And at last, turn off the vibration button.
By following these steps all the voice and video calls will be on silent mode and you will not be notified of them.
3. Using GB Whatsapp
If you want to completely disable the calling feature a third-party app called GBWhatsApp is the way to go.
If you want to continue, these are the steps-
- Download and install GBWhatsApp and configure it with your Chats
- Now open GB WhatsApp
- Click the 3 vertical dots on the top right of the screen
- Click and open GB Settings
- Under GB settings choose ‘other modes’.
- Now select disable ‘Disable Voice Calls’. This will disable all the voice and video calls from your WhatsApp.
Now you have successfully disabled WhatsApp calls, GBWhatsApp will restrict all the incoming Voice or video calls on WhatsApp. When you download this application you will be able to enjoy its other features as well. You can hide your typing status, add more than 256 members to a WhatsApp group, retrieve old messages, and whatnot. But more importantly, you can even make money using this app.
4. Using WA Tweakers
Like GBWhatsApp WA Tweakers is also a third-party app that allows you things that were previously not present on WhatsApp. But you don’t need to uninstall your real WhatsApp.[Like GB WhatsApp, WA tweaks is also a third-party app and has the potential to leak your information.]
If you want to continue to follow the steps-
- Download and install the WA Tweaks application
- Go to Settings > Apps > Whatsapp and Force Stop it
- After Stopping Whatsapp opening WA tweaks
- Go to the slide bar and click on the option Extra
- You will see the option ‘Disable voice and video calls’
- After this turn on Airplane mode on your device
- Now open WhatsApp
- Turn off Airplane mode
These were a few ways to turn off Voice & Video calls on WhatsApp. Hope you will use them responsibly.