WhatsApp has become an essential tool for our day-to-day communication. We use it for calls, multimedia, and file sharing as well as for texting and greeting loved ones. Imagine this app stops working suddenly and a notification pops up “WhatsApp has stopped working”. Our all tasks will cease at that moment.
Sometimes it malfunctions for no reason at all. Causing you to rage in utter despair. There could be multiple reasons for it, such as you have an old version of the software on your smartphone, bugs, errors, low storage, poor internet connection, and so much more.
Such problems are also faced by the GBWhatsApp users sometimes. And for that, we have created the “GBWhatsApp not working” section. Here let us look at some ways to fix the WhatsApp not working.
WhatsApp Hangs – Here’s How to Fix It
We have collected a few common remedies to fix your malfunctioning and lagging WhatsApp.
If you never focus on App updates, there might be various Updates piled up for WhatsApp. All those laggy messes could be solved by an update.
- Open PlayStore
- Search for WhatsApp
- Click on Update
If there is no Update button, you are already on the latest version of WhatsApp.
Restart your Mobile
You never know how many problems can be fixed with a simple Restart. Press and hold your Power Button and restart your phone. Then try to open WhatsApp.
Check your Internet Connection
If your message is not immediately sent after you press send, something might be wrong with your Internet connection.
- If you use Cellular Internet, make sure it is 4G/5G.
- You can try changing SIM Card positions as well.
- If this doesn’t work, contact or change your network operator.
- If you use WiFi, make sure all the router connections are fine.
- Call your Internet Service Provider(ISP)
- Make sure you have a good signal.
- You can also change your Service Provider.
A long uncleaned Cache can also be the reason behind your laggy WhatsApp. To clear the cache, follow the instructions-
- Find WhatsApp on the Home Screen or App Drawer.
- Press and hold on WhatsApp
- Click on App Info
- Click on Storage Usage
- Now Clear the Cache Data
Too many Chats
One of the reasons your WhatsApp might become laggy is the enormous amounts of pictures and Storage of WhatsApp. To Delete unnecessary Videos and Photos, follow these steps-
- Open WhatsApp
- Click on the three-dot menu
- Click on Settings
- Now go to Storage and Data
- Now open Manage Storage
- You would see your contacts along with the data in them. Now you can sort the unnecessary Data and delete it.
Reset your Phone
If your phone is quite old and not up to date with the Specs, it might need a new start. Follow these steps to Reset your Phone.
- Make a Google Drive Backup of Whatsapp
- Backup All important things in Google Drive or to a Pendrive.(Everything would be lost, so make sure to keep a copy)
- Open System Settings
- Search for Backup and Reset
- Reset your Mobile Phone
If you need to follow this step your phone might be old and in need of a change.
We discussed various methods that can help you get rid of a laggy WhatsApp. Simply try out any of these methods and it will fix all the problems you encounter while using WhatsApp.